Sunday, August 8, 2010

The color scheme

Deciding on a color scheme for Aaron and my wedding is probably one of the easiest things I had to decide on. It helps that we have similar tastes, that's for sure. So rather than have to take two completely different perspectives into account, it really just meshed into one.

Green is both of our favorite colors so that was one color down and then, being we wanted something serene, whimsical and natural, like us, brown seemed like the perfect earth-tone fit. So there I was, with green and brown thinking I had it sealed up in a nice neat little bow. Until people started asking me what shade of green and what shade of brown. I must say, before the wedding planning began I never realized how many different shades of each there are. But after much internet research (almost obsessively) I decided on apple green and chocolate brown.

Because we are going to get married in the spring, I originally thought I should probably throw in a lighter color ... like yellow. Especially because based on my bridesmaids skin tones and body types I decided on chocolate brown for the dress. I know green should be the natural choice but I want a dress the girls feel they will be able to wear more than once. But after doing my research, I found there are beautiful ways to incorporate the lighter greens with richer chocolates. Yay for the power of the internet, Knot.com and other blogs out there. Here is a look at my color palette of inspiration for the wedding...





No comments:

Post a Comment